Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Snatches & Pull-ups

Three rounds for time of:
95 pound barbell Snatch, 21 reps
15 foot Rope-climb, two ascents, without legs, from seated start

If you don’t have a rope, make plans to pick one up, and until then, substitute 20 pull-ups for each ascent. Snatch is squat snatch, not power snatch.

So that's what I did, except for the 95 pounds which I 'safely' replaced with a 65 pound barbell, because I'm not really familiar with the squat snatch. Turns out lowering the weight was good idea, because somewhere in the 2nd set I had to bail out and lower (it wasn't really a dump) the bar from the overhead squat position to my 2 tires positioned just under the plates of my barbell. I did this one in 30:35 minutes. Still a really bad time. I still blame pull-ups for a huge loss of time, considering I have to break them up into sets of 3 or maybe 4. Fatigue really makes it difficult to match your normal amount of pull-ups in a rested state. Yep, CrossFit is on to something allright.
But I'm still in my first month of crossfit, so I'm still not supposed to push myself too hard either. Here's why (scroll down to the 5th paragraph).

2 comments:

Davie said...

Dont worry about the time just now...work on technique.

I am going to do this later today, but same as you am will be lowering the weight, making sure I get he technique as best I can

Good work!

Davie said...

Also, post your times and any changes you make to the WOD on the comments page of each days workout.

That way other people can see your efforts and keep a track of your progress