Thursday, July 14, 2005

Kelly

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 box jump, 24 inch box
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball

Substitutions : Run 400 meters => 200 Rope jumps
24 inch Box => 16 Inch box
And finally , wall ball target was 9' high instead of 10.
And even with al these substitutions I got a measly 33:13 min. Well I can tell you one thing though, Arnold once said :
"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
This really applies to Crossfit . Crossfit builds character. If you keep going true a tough workout and don't stop, you build character. I think that's one of the reasons Crossfit is so popular amongst law enforcement and military personel.
I broke my 30 reps with both box jumps and wall ball shots into sets of 10 reps . Next time I'll break them both into sets of 15 reps, which will considerably up the intensity of course.
I'm going to try to get my hands on a 24 inch box a 16 inch really is small , compared to the 'real deal'. I folded a blanked in half to absorb the shocks of the jumps on the box, because I live in an appartement and work out on my appartement terras which is large enough (4m x 3m) to jump rope and do other stuff. I just have to minimize the noise for the old lady downstairs.
Well see you all tomorrow , can't wait to unwrap tomorrow's WOD ;-)

1 comment:

Davie said...

great effort today David