Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Deadlift

Deadlift 3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 reps

So here's what I did (all weights in kg):
3x100,2x102,2x104 (at this point I started using a mixed grip), 2x106,1x110 (my old PR),1x112,1x114,1x116,1x120: I beat my previous PR by 10kg or 22 pounds, without any deadlift specific practice other than what was described in the WOD's and in the March 2004 CF Journal (the beginner routine). All this with a little less than a month using CrossFit !!!
Thank you CrossFit and more specifically Greg and Lauren for the effort you put have put into this from the start !

By the time I reached 120kg I didn't have any more plates to put on the bar. Yep... gotta go buy some new plates.

Have also been seriously thinking about getting a 32kg kettlebell to have some heavier kettlebell work. My currently heaviest KB - the 1.5 pood - is starting to feel light. Especially for the swinging movements or 'ballistics'.
I have noticed that each kettlebell I have gotten in the past has each and every time been a 'stepping stone' to greater strength. This of course is due to the great workout your posterior chain gets from those massive iron balls.

I have also been looking into some workouts I could do on rest days -with a heavier kettlebell- that would nicely complement the CrossFit WOD's. Will keep you guys (and gals) posted.

No comments: