Saturday, July 30, 2005

30 Muscle ups

For time:
30 Muscle-ups

Well haven't gotten to doing 30 muscle ups (or anything similar) today, because I didn't really have the time and planned to use this day as a rest day, because of my time restrictions.

So here what I did today:

Tabata L-sit (4mins: 20sec work,10 sec rest)
I started with 2 sets of clean L-sits, but as my abs and triceps fatigued I switched to a bent legged L-sit for one set and a tuck sit for the remaining sets. This idea was given to me by Brendan Melville on the crossfit forums, he personally reported that : "Since starting tabata intervals with l-sits, my time has shot up. I went from approx. 32 seconds to approx 60 seconds. I do tabata l-sits every 2 or 3 days." ,that got me interested. So I will be doing tabata intervals Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and see how my current L-sit time (+/- 30 seconds) will improve from now on. I can't wait to hit 1 minute.

I have also been surfing around the Gym Jones website lately, which is excellent BTW. I took a look at their schedule - it's clickable, click on a day to view the workouts they did - and found some interesting workouts I might try soon.

I have also been looking at one workout to add in to my routine that would be 'my' benchmark workout, so no matter what happens this workout would come back every month at around the same time. For future reference this workout will be 'Jonesworthy'
. Why this one and not some other benchmark workout ? Well, first of all, because I'm drawn to it. It's tough, it has a lot of swings and a lot of pull-ups. It will take anyone at least 10 minutes to finish it. 10 minutes is out of this world, 15 minutes is an excellent time, 20 minutes is a good time, 25 is average and 30 minutes is a bad time. I'm curious to see how my times will evolve in the next couple of months. Stay tuned...

No comments: