Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Run 'N Snatch and behind the scenes of the WOD's

Run 5K

I didn't do the 5K as I'm gradually building up my running distance (as mentioned before) each Sunday of the month, so here's what I did instead:

For time:
Run 800 meters
Snatch, 30 reps
Run 800 meters

Did it in 13:46 minutes. Used 32kg (+/- 70lbs) and subbed 800 meter run for 400 rope jumps. I'm starting to feel like I can up the intensity, am no longer 'scared' of the workout but am slowly starting to 'fight back' Please note (Coach Glassman et al) I said 'slowly' ;-)
I have been taking a look behind the scenes of the Crossfit WOD's by ordering a back issue of the Crossfit Journal, more specifically issue #6.
I strongly recommend anybody interested in the Crossfit methodology to purchase this issue, as it will give you a good insight on how the WOD's are set up, how you can set up your own program and even (if you know what workouts you're good at) help you identify you weakness and work on that by focusing more on those type of workouts.
Also for those thinking about combining more strength days into their WOD schedule, you might want to order the Performance Menu back issue #3. In it, Coach Rutherford and Coach Josh Everett both discuss their unique approach to combining Crossfit with the 'regular' weight training schedule. This column provides great insight in the minds of 2 great coaches and how they manipulate Crossfit to suit their athletes' needs.

No comments: