Friday, July 15, 2005

Michael

Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

26:37 but I'm adding 1 minute (final time being= 27:37)of 'penalty time' because I couldn't get my groove right with those swiss ball sit-ups.
My barbell was set up too high for me to hook my feet under it properly and during the workout I stopped the clock to get a towel to do sit-ups with , but ... the towel was a bit too thin and didn't really give quite enough support ... ugh ... so I kept doing the swiss ball sit-ups. Maybe I will consider one of those ABMATs.
I also used a swiss ball for the back extensions while hooking my feet under a barbell and lying face down on the ball (abdominals touching the ball) so I could simulate a back extension and I know, I know ... it's only a partial ROM, but I'm working with what I have here .
Also I'm starting to feel like my jumping rope is becoming too easy ,so I decided to raise the intensity by performing partial knee-ups to simulate the running motion, but not exagerating knee height to keep it realistic. It seems to work, I'm going to add these in the future. Tomorrow is a rest day ... enjoy.

1 comment:

Davie said...

excellent time today mate