Friday, July 29, 2005

Run & Thruster

For time:
Run 1600 meters
115 pound Thruster, 9 reps
Run 800 meters
115 pound Thruster, 15 reps
Run 400 meters
115 pound Thruster, 21 reps

I'm not yet strong enough to handle those 115 pounds, so I settled for 88 lbs or 40kg. Subbed runs for 800,400 and 200 rope jumps respectively. Finished in 28:56 minutes. I'm glad I finally got under 30 minutes for these 'type' of workouts. Progress is coming bit by bit.
Since tomorrow I have a 9hr day at work, I decided to compensate for that prolonged period of inactivity and tried to add another WOD into my schedule this afternoon.
I picked one that had tempted me for quite a while:

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
Run 200 meters
60-pound Thrusters, 20 reps
20 inch Box Step-ups, with 60 pounds, 20 reps
15 Pull-ups

After the first round I felt like I was out of gas, I could have pushed on, but I don't think I would have been of much use for the rest of day ;-)
Conclusion : two WOD's a day are reserved for people who have been on CrossFit for quite a while, not for a newbie like me.
Prior to my first workout today I did some timed L-sits and to my amazement I broke 30 seconds. Hmm, could this have anthing to do with Crossfit ? Prior to crossfit I remember struggling for 15 seconds...

I also set up my sandbag and will be throwing it around soon.

No comments: