Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Rest Day

Well, this time I decided to take a break on a rest day... meaning no extra workouts . (not the one I had planned anyway).

Did some overhead squat flexibility work and worked on some drills to loosen up my hip flexors. E.g.: holding on to a door and pulling myself down into a deeper squat position while simultaneously pulling myself deeper pushing my knees apart.

What followed were L-sits. Not Tabata style though. Although still based on a set interval. 20 second L-sit (with shoes on; it makes a difference) followed by 40 seconds rest x 5 sets. Here I wasn't able to hold the L-sit for any time longer than 3 sets. I think this probably is due to the prolonged abdominal fatigue I have started to build up from all those L-sits and situps I did the past couple of days.
Now, we only have to wait until I recover and then, who knows, maybe a smashing new PR...

No comments: