Friday, August 05, 2005

Rest Day

Today was a rest day, and - as promised - I tested my max on pull-ups and L-sits (in that order), here what happened:
1) Pull-ups (kipping) : 17 (PR by 2 reps)
2) L-sits : 35 seconds (PR by 5 seconds after a bit less than a week practice)

I will retest my max L-sit time tonight though, as I think my abs were pre-fatigued by all the kipping done in the pull-ups.

'Explosive Lifting for Sports' came in the mail today and I quickly proceeded to read the chapter on the technical execution of the Snatch and Clean & Jerk. Well, I gotta tell you. I learned quite a couple of things :
1) My wrist flexibility is nowhere where it's supposed to be.
2) During the snatch (and thus, overhead squat) I have always had the 'reflex' of keeping my wrist straight, but in the book they mentioned you have to flex your wrists ...
I tried it, and boy ... instant overhead squat improvement.

In the coming months I will keep it a steady practice to do overhead squats as part of my warm-up and when possible will practice 'rack position' supports to increase the flexibility in my wrists so I can improve
1) My squat clean efficiency/form
2) My front squat efficiency/form

There, that's it for today... will try another max L-sit later today. If it beats my current PR -don't worry- I'll post it ;-)

New L-sit PR tonight : 40 seconds

1 comment:

Davie said...

Congrats on the P.B's David