Saturday, August 06, 2005

Push Press Max Day

Started off with some Overhead squat flexibility work as usual, also did some ankle flexibility work. Will keep doing this as the ankle flexibility work allowed me to get more comfortable in the bottom position of the overhead squat.

Weights in kg:

3@ 38
2@ 40
2@ 46
2@ 50
1@ 56
1@ 60
1@ 66 Fail (failed to push press it, but kept upping the weight as this was already a PR in the clean as I clean the weight first, the PP it)
1@ 70 (Fail, but I made the clean !!! PR by 8kg or 17 pounds !)
1@ 62 (tried to PP it but couldn't get it past the sticking point)

After those PR's I lowered the weight down to 30kg and focused on the hook grip and my keeping that grip all the way up to the clean 'rack position'. Auch... Keeping the hook grip in the rack is not easy will have to practice that some more.

Finished off with some Tabata L-sits.

Thanks again CrossFit !!! Keep those PR's coming.

No comments: