Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I hate BW squats

I was out to do 'Jonesworthy' today, but after 80 BW squats my legs didn't really feel like cooperating any more. I did finish the first round though, but after I got a measly 20 pull-ups in sets of 5, I decided I'm not really up to 'Jonesworthy' yet...

That's right, I'm not in shape yet... So I decided to leave CrossFit aside and focus on my weak points again. My shoulder endurance is pretty bad (keeping your hands up to protect your face in a fight should be easy, even when fatigued) and so is my cardiovascular conditioning right now. So I sought out the best methods for CV conditioning and to me this still is : Hight Octane Cardio, the combination of al kinds of kettlebell ballistics followed by several minutes of jumping rope just has to get me in great shape.

I'm going to keep on doing some Interval Training and HOC in the next couple of days, but next week I'm going to resume my squat training, which gave me great strength gains last time. And on my 'off' days I'll throw in some HOC training 2 times a week followed by a Tabata Thruster once a week on Saturday to 'Finish' my week of training and rest on Sunday... Well, sounds like a plan... We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: