Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bear with me

Since I have had a hard time develloping any form of added mass the last couple of months, I have decided to choose an approach that can't fail. I decided to put all my money on the interesting (but very simple) program develloped by the Russian Special Forces to pack on mass aka The Bear. Pavel Tsatsouline discusses it in his great book 'Power to the People' (get it, it has some real good insights on training). Due to my heavy cycling (avg of about 2 hours a day), I also decided to spare my legs and train them on OFF days.
I also decided to make some changes in my diet - as we don't have lunch breaks at work - to be able to get enough protein AND carbs (when appropriate) no matter what. This means eggs and veggies in the morning, milk and fruit throughout the day and cottage cheese before bed. Let me show you what my workout of yesterday looked like - and most importantly, what's it's going to look like for the next month. That's right... no changing training methods for at least another month.

2 comments:

igortorfs said...

David
Don't forget to prepare peanut butter sandwhiches ... very handy when you are on the move a lot! (favourite of coach burgener).

Other tips:
- for mass, rest more (see posts of maxwell and mike mahler)
- from time to time 3 x 200 m sprints. Great recovery for the whole body. helps gaining mass.

Good luck!

igortorfs said...

Also, what I like:
- yoghurt with berries
- pancakes with extra eggs (not too much yolks though) and raisins
- "gewonnen brood"
- scrambled eggs, my favourite when I work out in the morning.
- oatmeal in the morning: oatmeal and eggs is very strong medicine