Wednesday, August 30, 2006

ETK Day VIII

Warm-up:
OHS w/ Bar x 10
OHS w/ 30kg x 10
Sq Sn 50kg x 1 Fail (See notes below why)

SNGRDL:

70kg x 2
1 minute rest
[90kg x 2 x 6
2 minutes rest]

[MP 24kg: (1,2,3) x 2 + (1,2)
Pull-ups w/ 10kg: (1,2,3) x 2 + (1,2)]

Sn w/ 24kg: 62 reps/ 6 minutes (L)

NOTES:
- Didn't properly execute the squat snatch and wasn't ready for the bottom catch.
Why ?
1) I wasn't extending/exploding at the right point. I exploded right above the knee (almost at knee level). This caused the bar to be too far away from my body, thus making I adjust the pull (automatically) to pull the bar more towards me. The result was that the bar still had rearward momentum when I caught it in the (semi, see below) bottom position. I was able to recover by turning around and propping the bar up on one side (or tip), mollesting a cardboard box - which slowed it down a bit - along the way. Dropping the bar would only have been possible had the bar been equipped with bumped plates and the floor with a lifting platform. Could you imagine what damage a 50kg object would have done (not to mention the noise?) on a 3rd floor of an appartment buildling ? Right, so that's why I'm getting to point #2.
2)I have to get used to catching in the bottom position. My catch here was more fit for a power snatch. For this I will make use of the drop snatch with medium weights and snatch grip push presses.
3)I will be doing more technical practice in the future, insuring a crisp snatch form, before attempting really heavy weights. Multiple sets of low reps sets with 75-80% of 1RM seem to be a good way of getting there.

No comments: