Tuesday, December 24, 2013

New Beginnings

My wife just gave birth on the 14th.

 It was quite an ordeal as it was done by cesarean with some additional complications.

After a stressful period I got sick as well, but am back on top and am ready to train again.

Couple of things I want to keep in mind

 1) MWOD every day
 2) Train twice a week. More if I can bear it.
3) Stick to a certain (simple) schedule. Since I have 2 bumper plates and a decent bar. I intend to keep focusing on increasing my proficiency in the quick lifts and get some basic strength back.

All pressing will be military pressing. Here's what I did yesterday:

MWOD warm-up Power Clean +Front Squat + Power Jerk:
40kg x 1 + 3 + 3
45kg x 1 + 3 + 3
50kg x 1 + 3 + 3
50kg felt a bit shaky, but I think I will quickly master it, providing some time for neural adaptation.

Military Press:
40kg x 1
30kg x 3 x 2
30kg x 2 x 1

This was day one. Day two will be full Snatch singles or doubles.Followed by Front Squat for 3 x 10.

No comments: