Monday, November 06, 2006

21 Day Itch (Again)

About a year ago, I decided to go on a program posted by Charles Staley on T-nation. It's called the 21 Day Itch. It includes powerlifting, olympic lifting and bodybuilding and uses a great set/rep scheme for each. With proper nutrition, you will improve your lifts with it. I have set myself a goal. I won't stop the 21 day itch program before I achieving a 70kg military press.*

Here's what I did today, Monday (Powerlifting day):

Back Squat:

70kg x 5
90kg x 3
[96kg x 1 x 5
1 minute rest]

Military Press:
[50kg x 1 x 15**
1 minute rest]

NOTES:
*:I calculated how long it would take me to achieve the 70kg Military Press... about 5 months. Well... an impressive lift that is worth working for. A BW military press would earn me an elite ranking in that category (according to Dave Werner's Exercise Performance Standard chart).
**:15 reps on the military press felt solid. Will up the weight next time.

No comments: