Sunday, June 26, 2005

Well , this is it . I'm starting crossfit ...

Well , this is it . I'm starting crossfit . First let me introduce myself :

Hi , my name is David . I'm 19 yrs old and live in Belgium . I have been actively working out for 1 year now and just got a barbell set of plates about 3 months ago . Here are some of my stats :

Height : 6'
Weight : 150 pounds
BF % : +/- 12 %
Bench Press 1RM (Repetition Maximum) : 140 pounds
Deadlift 1 RM : 242 pounds
Full Squat 1 RM : 150 pounds
Weighted Pull-up 1 RM : Bodyweight + 70 pounds
Max Bodyweight pull-ups : 6

For a description of these exercises please look
here .

I have chosen to start crossfit because I believe it has no peer when talking about exercise intensity, variety and functionality .In essence crossfit will make you a world class athlete without having to train 4+ hours a day .

Here are my goals for this blog :

1) Show others how long it takes to go from deconditioned individual , to above average condition using the crossfit principles.
2) Show others that you can dramitically improve your strength , strength-endurance and endurance , without practicing them specifically (only once in a while).

So I'm starting my journey , I'm really excited to see where it will take me.

WARNING : The activities , physical and otherwise , decribed in this blog for informational purposes , may be too strenous or dangerous for some people and the reader should consult a physician before engaging in them .


2 comments:

Davie said...

Welcome to CrossFit. I hope you have as much fun doing it as I have.

Graham said...

Welcome bro, get some!