Monday, June 27, 2005

First workout

From now on for about 16 days , I will be following a crossfit 'introduction' routine outlined in the CF journal March 2004 Issue.
Here's the first one I did today :

5 rounds for time of :
Deadlift 185 pounds 15 reps / 10 Handstand push-ups

In reality , however , things look a bit different .
Prior to the 'main workout' I did 4 sets of 3 weighted pull-ups with 54 pounds .After that I did some samson stretches but used a bar overhead to get a bit more of a stretch . Then right before I started the workout I warmed up my lower back and hamstrings with some kettlebell swings (santa cruz style).

I only used 155 pounds for the deadlifts and did partial handstand push-ups (HSPU).
How do I feel ? Well I was quite pleased to be able to finish it , as my tired body was really asking me to call it quits on the 3rd round . But hey , what's 2 more rounds ? I ended finishing the whole thing in 18:49 . I'm not really thrilled with that time , because I know I could have done better had my grip not been a problem . I guess I have plenty of time to work on that with similar Crossfit WOD's . What's next ? Well later today I'm going to do some stretching . In the past I have seen great differences in recovery time and muscle soreness when stretching . If anybody is interesting in reading up on stretching ,please read this interesting roundtable discussion .
After that I'll do some TVA isometric contractions to improve my posture.
To summarize all of the above once more I'd have to say : I feel great and am excited to see my fitness improve while following the Crossfit WOD's .

1 comment:

Davie said...

Im glad to see that your not going for the WOD full on as that is how a lot of people have burned out