Wednesday, June 29, 2005

3rd Workout

How many rounds can you complete in 20 minutes of :
24" Box jump x 25 reps / 5 Muscle ups ?

Wasn't able to do the muscle ups so substituted those for 5 dips and 5 pull-ups . I managed 3 rounds and the countdown timer reached 12 minutes when the appartement representative came up to complain about the noise I was making with the box jumps . She also added that this wasn't the first time she heard me making dropping stuff . So I proceeded to get some tires out of the garage (which is too small for any overhead lifting) to make sure she didn't have anything more to say when doing deadlifts .
Now I'm left with the need to find a solution to those box jumps . I used to replace the running in crossfit by rope jumping but this also seems to upset my downstair neighbours (I live on the 3rd floor) so I'll have to fix that . I'm thinking about getting a 1x1m judo mat , but they're quite pricy(130$+10$ shipping).I was also looking into some type of 'puzzel mats' as seen here . Anybody know if they have an anti-slip coating ? Any other ideas ?

1 comment:

Davie said...

The puzzel matts are good for reducing the impact and are made of high density foam ( well the ones we have in our gym)