Tuesday, June 28, 2005

2nd Workout

Run 5K for time

I am not going to run 5K just yet , don't feel up to it . I think that's something I'll start doing when about 1 month into crossfit .

So here's what I did :

30 mins of jump rope alternated with 21 swings (santa cruz style) with a 1.5 pood kettlebell . I did this to get familiar with the crossfit-style swing , as it is more taxing than the 'conventional' swing to eye level.
I really felt a pump in my forearms afterwards . Did about 5 sets of swings alternated with jumping rope . Warmed up and cooled down with the 1 pood . This workout left me sweating bullets , but I still feel good . Did some stretching this evening which seemed to alleviate the soreness in my hamstrings and glutes . Tomorrow I'll be in for something even more challenging . Can't wait ...

No comments: