Sunday, July 16, 2006

SNGRDL, Curl & Press VII

OHS w/ Bar x 10
OHS w/ 30kg x 5
OHS w/ 50kg x 3

Power Clean 70kg x 1
(not a PR, but faily good execution with this
kind of weight)

SNGRDL:

70kg x 1
[80kg x 2 x 3
3 minutes rest]


[Press w/ 24kg x 4 x 3
Curl w/ 30kg + LB x 4 x 4
2 minutes rest
]

3x5 Wheel Rollouts (striving for full ROM)

Light Band Pull-Apart: 7,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,8

NOTES:

-Snatch Grip Deadlifts are done with wrist straps and shin guards. This way I ensure proper execution and get all the benefits of this excellent exercise. My plan is to work up to over 120kg on these. This will make bring my goal of a 100kg Clean and Press within reach, as the SNGRDL does a great job strengthening the posterior chain.
-I decided to stop using the bands for the presses to let my shoulder recover a bit and am going to keep working at it by adding reps to my current 24kg RM.
-I really like the full wheel rollout as opposed to the 'isometric (sticking point) hold'. It increases the ROM, thus abdominal activation.
-Shoulder stability is also crucial if you want to put big weights overhead, so soon I will be working on my jerks and doing both kettlebell OHS and overhead walks with submaximal weights.

No comments: