Friday, June 09, 2006

Press & Swings VI

Power Clean + Squat:
1+10 w/ 30kg
30 sec rest
1+10 w/ 50kg
3 minutes rest
1+3 w/ 70kg (partial fail as I had to 'pull in' the clean at chest level. I'll need some more practice on squat cleans to get the hang of the power clean recovery with heavier weights)
1 minute rest

5x
[Press w/ 24kg
Swings w/ 2x24kg KBs x 15
20 seconds rest]
+
7x
[Press w/ 24kg x 1
1 minute rest]

[20 Russian Twists w/ 16kg KB]

NOTES: Workout felt good. I especially like the idea of pre-fatigueing the hams with power cleans and finishing them off with swings.

GOALS:
I said I was going to clean and press 100kg by november and I'm still planning on doing exactly that. So my main focus is going to be:
Front Squats
Deadlift/Clean/Snatch
Press & Swing Combo
Heavy Abs

I am confident that with that setup 3x a week I'll be able to make some descent PR's in a couple of months time.

SHORT TERM GOAL (1-2 months)

Power Clean 70kg with perfect form for reps & pressing the 24kg at least 5 times.

No comments: