Monday, May 08, 2006

KB's again

After fooling around with bodybuilding, I noticed that only after a couple of kettlebell workouts my hamstrings and back had a better pump compared with the regular bodybuilding (isolation) movements. Deadlifts still do the trick too, but I rather focus on strength-endurance now and be able to handle any situation for a long time rather than be very strong for a short time. Think of it as MMA training if you will. Only with kettlebells. More importantly, DOUBLE kettelebell work with the 24kg's really works up a good sweat and give me workouts I can't really compare to anything else.

Here's what I did today:

72kg Deadlift x 7 sets x 5 reps
alternated with
3 sets x 2 reps of 24kg Military Press

3x
[2x24kg Swings x 10
1 minute rest
FSQ w/ 2x24kg KB's x 5
30 seconds rest]

3x
[10 sec Iso Wheel Rollout hold
30 sec rest]

Alternating Suitcase Hold w/ 32kg
[30 sec,15 sec, 15 sec (alternating L&R)]

1 minute rest

45 sec Bagua Circular Stepping w/ 2x24kgs in the rack.

No comments: